my girls

well, today i'm admitting one of my guilty pleasures - the golden girls. and yes, i'm talking about the 80's television hit sitcom. gosh, what would i do without Lifetime, "the television for those who claim to watch ESPN and SpikeTV (and do, most of the time), but won't publicly admit they watch." the golden girls reruns... a comedy like no other - they just don't make 'em like this anymore. and with the addition of my FAVORITE thing, tivo, i usually have 3-5 shows awaiting my attention when i get home from work.

ah... the golden girls: bed-hopping blanche, quick-witted sophia, wise, strong and man-troubled dorothy and sensitive, carefree, mindless rose. i have, shamefully and proudly, seen every episode (at least 20 times... and counting.) the only other thing i have seen more times... (my other guilty pleasure - the movie, Steel Magnolias.)

ah... the golden girls: my daily dinner guests. after a long day in the office, i come home - usually stopping at some fast food restaurant (well... 'fast' is stretching it), change into something more comfortable, plop down and go straight to the 'now playing list' on tivo - and there they are - my girls. no matter how bad a day - my girls - are there to make it all better.

today was the rerun of the show's finale - i cried. gosh, i'm such a sap... without a life!

1 comment:

ThespAc said...

Hey, found your blog through another blog that I found on the Ross blog.. makes sense?

I agree, the Golden Girls is a great TV show. No matter how bad my day might have been, when i get home and watch the show it makes me feel a lot better. And the last eppy always gets my tears flowing so you're not alone, haha.

Have a good one!

www.thespa-c.blogspot.com